A Note About the Measurements

Wraps are inherently difficult to measure. Length is measured with a soft tape in hand. The tape measure I use is 100 ft, so it is done continuously. I square the wrap when measuring width (so as not to measure diagonally) and flatten the wrap without stretching to get the width. Thickness is measured with a micrometer. This is highly dependent on user. Thicknesses should be used in comparison rather than as absolutes.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wrapsody Bali Breeze Hope


My first summer wrapping, one of my most used wraps was my bali breeze Orion.  But being a rainbow lover I longed for a gauze rainbow.  Luckily, my rainbow submission to Wrapsody's design competition won.  In the spring of 2011 Wrapsody released hope.  Many wrappers struggle with gauze but it can be done comfortably.  That summer I went on a 4 mile hike and took my very long Hope to use in multilayer carries with my mid-twenties toddler.  Washing with a small amount of ecover softener not only makes these wraps soft but also helps the glide by reducing the grip.  Softener is generally avoided with wraps but I make an exception for gauze.


Weigh/Areat:  148 g/qm
Width:  62 cm
Thickness:  14 mils

No comments:

Post a Comment